Monday, April 28, 2014

So for all those who are wondering if I survived the half marathon.  I did.. because it was probably the most poorly put together run ever.  Top reason why it was fine.. I only ran 7.3 miles and not the full 13.12 miles.  You can read why I didn't below.  So I was a little sore after my run but mostly I got hit with a sore throat post-run.  Perhaps I should have slept more than 5 hours.  So I feel bad for the American Heart Association because I know I won't be running it next year.  Top reasons why the run was terrible:
1.  Didn't close any roads so basically we ran on sidewalks which would be fine except there was 100 of us which all do NOT fit on a sidewalk.
2.  They had two water stops (which is pretty bad for a half marathon) one at 3 miles, another at 6 miles.
3.  No mile markers.  I had my Nike app on so I was aware how far I had run.  It wasn't even 10k or half marathon.. I ran one loop and it was 7.3 miles.
4.  Had us run down streets they obviously did not check out because they were paving on it so there were so much dust and pollutants.
5.  Starts at 9 am which means it's prime time for cars to start driving around.  Since they didn't close any roads, we must have waited at a ton of lights since we didn't want to get run over.  Oh yeah.. and it was really hot.
6.  There was a point in the race where we had to cross a street because some volunteer was standing in the middle of the street.  Perhaps they should post a route online.
7.  Route was super boring.. we ran down 3.6 miles down one street and then ran back.  Then for the second 7 or so miles.. you just ran it again.
8.  So anti-climatic.. we honestly got to the fake finish line and there was like signs that looked like they were made by college kids. 

See my thoroughness in picking things apart?  Maybe this is why I have a new nickname.. angry kitten.  Basically, I look small and sweet but I have the spirit and ferociousness of a lioness.  In fact, somebody found a pic to fit me.  Haha..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry... be happy!