Thursday, April 2, 2015

I am writing this blog courtesy to being on the road for work.  In fact, last night I had quite an adventure when I missed my redeye flight last night.  Who knew that these flights were so popular?  I am going to be about 4 hours late to all my meetings... but oh well, these days I have realized.. some things can't be helped.  Plus I ended up sitting next to this guy who was actually sitting next to me at the bar (after I missed my flight) but he didn't talk to me at all until I sat next to him on the plane and he seems like a normal human being, so I guess I gained another friend from this entire experience.  I will be going on two more work trips so I will have been on the road for about four weeks.  I think I need a vacation from all of this.

So what has happened lately?  I have this friend I have met through my other friend last year.  He's a nice guy and I know he has been interested in me but violates two rules:
1.  Too young.. under 30 I was told.
2.  Doesn't live in the same city.
And the biggest thing...
He supposedly has a gf in another country where they have an open policy.  Gross.. I know.

So the weird thing is.. I have seen him for a total of two times.  First time was when we met.  Second time.. he was very sweet... he purposely bought some whiskey I really liked.  Unfortunately, he gave me way too much that I was talking or dancing more with his roommate (who I am also not interested in because get this.. he's my former friend's first grad student.. my friend is a professor now).  Well, I check the mail the other day and he sent me a present for White Day.  Yes.. exactly.. I have no idea what that is either.  Apparently according to Wikipedia it is:
"On White Day, the reverse happens: men who received a honmei-choco ('chocolate of love') or giri-choco ('courtesy chocolate') on Valentine's Day are expected to return the favor by giving gifts. Traditionally, popular White Day gifts are cookies, jewelry, white chocolate, white lingerie, and marshmallows. Sometimes the term literally, sanbai gaeshi ('triple the return') is used to describe the generally recited rule that the return gift should be two to three times the worth of the Valentine's gift."

Don't worry.. he didn't get me lingerie.  So the problem is... I didn't give him anything on Valentine's Day or speak to him even.  So I pointed that out.. hopefully he'll find a great girl out there for him.  I know there are probably some 23 year olds that would be lucky to be his gf.

I know.. first world problems.  I promise you I have real ones too.. and they are not as funny.

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry... be happy!