I've neglected my blog. I was really sick for three weeks (it probably didn't help I traveled, couldn't recall my doctor's name to make an apt, and stayed out to do fun things on my bday month). Another year older... and maybe I am not wiser but I think I am happy. Work is sometimes a struggle.. last week was the worst with my software lead... but in general, I enjoy the program I work on. It's partially on R&D company dollars so it moves direction like a start up every week. And my personal life.. I am happy but in a different way than last year. It's almost like last year was a dream... and one day I know that I will forget about it too and it will almost be like it never happened.
This idea was sad to me for a while.. but sometimes this is necessary for us to grow. Sometimes things are not meant to be. With that said.. I read this article about choosing a life partner and found it so insightful. Two things that I think they are right are:
1. Unhappily married people are rampant (where so many people are too lazy or too afraid to be happy) because they'd rather have a meh life than: a) Go through a soul-crushing break-up. b) Emotionally recover. c) Find a great relationship.
I guess that's why good things are always hard.
2. People tend to be bad at knowing what they want from a relationship. I see so many people who do things and think things through as an after thought.
Things have been busy though.. I always stay busy. Case and point.. I explored my non-exsistent artistic side and went to a Yelp Elite event where we learned to texturize and paint. I am pretty terrible at that. She told me I put too much texture paint on my canvas.. then I proceeded to put on too much paint. Whatever... I am better at other things. Can you guess which one is my painting?


No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't worry... be happy!