I'm finally catching up on my Netflix.. I watched Stranger Things (it's very scary even though it's about kids!), Imposters (I don't believe people always do stupid things for love), and now.. the Crown (I'm not sure if this is really approved by the English monarchy).
I've started cooking again.. as much as I love eating out.. the true comfort foods come from the heart. Plus, how else would you be able to start going through your wine collection. :)
I've also had more time to evaluate my friendships. As time goes on, friends you thought were so good to you show that they maybe were only meant for that particular period in your life...
I had a friend who I entrusted and told one of my darkest secrets.. could not even figure out a time to be free to meet up even though the only person who was making the effort was me. I have learned that some friendships are one way.
I had a friend who I used to see more when this person lived on the opposite coast.. her life has changed for sure, she moved in with her significant other (which she claimed was a business decision) and when this happened with her last significant other, she told me it was him.. but it really was her. I have learned that friendships always under weigh relationships.
I have friends who happily take up my invitations or happy for me to host their (bachlorettes, etc.) events but when it is their own events they are hosting, I find out on social media or other means. I have learned that kindness in friendships is not equal.
I have friends who always like offer things, but their offers are empty because they always lack follow through. I have learned that there are some friends who are just not genuine.
But there are amazing friends I have.. who are like family to me.. the ones that come when my fire alarm battery is beeping and I don't have anybody to help me take it down from my 20 feet ceilings, ones that do not care about where I work or how much I make but just want to hang out, ones that keep me in mind for things they think I might enjoy, and ones that will meet me at 10 pm on a weeknight when I am in town for work because that's the only time I am free. And now that I am older.. and perhaps, not too much wiser.. I understand what it means when people are meant to come and go.
This year I was fortunate to see the cherry blossoms.. I didn't even know they existed anywhere except Japan and DC... P.S. they were beautiful.
Never thought we'd get old, maybe we're still young
Maybe we always look back and think it was better than it was
Maybe these are the moments
Maybe I've been missing what it's about
Been scared of the future, thinking about the past
While missing out on now
We've come so far, I guess I'm proud
And I ain't worried about the wrinkles around my smile
I've got some scars, I've been around
I've felt some pain, I've seen some things, but I'm here now
Those good old days
Maybe we always look back and think it was better than it was
Maybe these are the moments
Maybe I've been missing what it's about
Been scared of the future, thinking about the past
While missing out on now
We've come so far, I guess I'm proud
And I ain't worried about the wrinkles around my smile
I've got some scars, I've been around
I've felt some pain, I've seen some things, but I'm here now
Those good old days
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't worry... be happy!