Tuesday, May 27, 2014

This last weekend I was in Vegas to celebrate my friend's bachelorette party.  People often wonder how I go to so many weddings.  Answer is simple.. my friends keep getting married and I seek new friends.  Oh.. and I guess I am nice which is something people should try to do anyways.  So I've noticed that most people that go to Vegas are from California.  They should just extend the state to include Vegas.. anyways, it's an amazement to me how people are crazy while they are there.  Case and point:
1.  My bachelorette and two of her friends told me the first morning before we headed to the pool party that they don't eat because they wanted to look good in the pics that go on FB.  I thought they were kidding.. no, they weren't.  Regardless to say, I was relieved when the other girls who came the next day ate food.  How can you go to Vegas and not enjoy any of their delicious restaurants?
2.  My bachelorette and two of her friends had a strict belief to not pay for any of their drinks.  Sure, I was able to score some free drink tickets from my promotor... but they would arrive somewhere and then scour the tables/cabanas for men who were tripping over themselves to buy ladies drinks.  Well, I benefited from this as well and one of the nights while I was providing my conversation in exchange, I discovered that these group of boys paid 8k for a table.  And believe me, I left the minute one of the guys slid his hand on my ass.  So.. 8k for some conversation seems like the poorest ROI. 
3.  Despite the money people that drop in Vegas, there is an overwhelming amount of meh around.  The last night around 2 am, a friendly boy invited me to chat at his cabana and informed me that although he used to work in post production, he has decided to be a professional plant care professional for celebrities.  I nearly burst out laughing.  Oh.. and then he told me that he was really good at guessing people's careers.  My career (he decided) was an admin at a post production company.  Haha....

Best thing I did all weekend (besides eat) was.. take a plane home.  It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry... be happy!