Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I am a partial fan of Taylor Swift... I actually prefer things like Imagine Dragons or Black Keys these days.  Anyways, I just heard her newest single, Blank Space.  What a departure of her earlier music.. and I think is probably what people think of me.  It’s our human instinct to try and defend yourself when people have the wrong impression of you.  And often times defending yourself does more bad than good. People are going to believe what they decide they want to believe, whether there's truth to it or not.  To be honest, they judge you because they want to think they are better than you and in general, people just feel better when they feel they can "figure you out."

What is funniest is that I think some of my friends, acquaintances, frienemies, and non-friendly peeps think I am exactly how Taylor portrays herself in her video.  For the record.. I am not anything close to this... but hey, you probably don't believe me anyways.

Saw you there and I thought
Oh my God, look at that face
You look like my next mistake
Love's a game, want to play?

And I know you heard about me
So hey, let's be friends
I'm dying to see how this one ends
Grab your passport and my hand
I can make the bad guys good for a weekend


So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the pain
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
'Cause you know I love the players
And you love the game...


Boys only want love if it's torture
 

Don't say I didn't say I didn't warn ya..
'Cause we're young and we're reckless
We'll take this way too far
It'll leave you breathless
Or with a nasty scar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry... be happy!