Happy Chinese New Year! I hope everybody wore red and spent it with their loved ones. I did a traditional hot pot so nobody really had to cook. It was a great time with friends.. I miss my family but I haven't lived at home since I was 17.. my friends have become my adopted family.
I also decided it was time to take a ski trip with some friends. A nice weekend complete with a road trip, a packed cabin with 9 adults, and of course adventures including... somebody having their shoes stolen at the bowling alley, somebody getting back to the cabin by getting into the trunk of their own car, and meeting strangers at the bar sharing life stories and hot chocolate with Rumplemintz.
So given all these adventures, you would think that when I got back from my ski trip.. I would get a good night sleep in. Well... I got home, showered, and while I was doing some work around 11 pm... my carbon monoxide detector started beeping. Recall I had something similar happen to my smoke detector a few weeks ago after I got back from a business trip. That smoke detector was out of my reach.. and this carbon monoxide detector is even higher up the wall. Well.. I don't actually own a ladder.. and I have been so tired and sore from skiing... I just have been sleeping with the damn thing beeping on and off all night. I'm looking forward to getting a ladder tomorrow to put in a new battery in. And then I'll get to face this problem all over again in 2 years...
Despite my exhaustion and soreness.. I am looking forward to the future.
This is a modern fairytale
No happy endings
No wind in our sails
But I can't imagine a life without breathless moments breaking me down
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't worry... be happy!