It's been a rough day at work.. did 6 of my 30 end of the year performance reviews. One of them was particularly difficult where this individual started getting all angry and upset. This reminds me of last year when one of my employees almost hit me during his performance evaluation.
And I have no idea how I attract so many weirdos. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and accept that it may be that engineers just say awkward things. When there is an awkward silence, they sense that they are being weird and will stop! This guy at work has been messaging me via our work network. At first.. it was all about work (which is fine). Then yesterday, he asked me if I had a boyfriend. I ignored him.. plus I was busy at work. Then this morning he apologized for asking things that were so personal. Then he just sent me this email titled: "pictures of my outdoors mobile wood burning turkey roaster," There is no text in the body.. it just has a list of pictures. Ummmmm... and back to no response.
So.. I was thinking about things in the last year. I guess I have evolved from the conservative girl raised in the Midwest to somebody who loves working hard and playing hard. And it's sad to see some people who exit my life.. one reason or another. To those people- You've got to try something new from time to time.. people who won't take adventures or risks from time to time have no imagination... and that's sort of a sad life to lead.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't worry... be happy!