It's that time again.. Valentine's Day. You know.. even when I think about it, all my Valentine's Days even with a significant other have kind of been mediocre to meh. I agree.. love shouldn't be about the day but something you do regularly for your loved one. I have a friend who just got dumped in the most juvenile way by a 20 something year old. He just stopped calling, texting, or responding to her... typical 20 something year old thing to do. I'm telling you.. boys only want love when it's torture.
As for me.. there must be something in the air. I also have a knack of finding people interested in me. I know.. we complain when we have significant others, we complain when we don't. These interested parties always wonder why I am even single.. according to them:
1. Decently established in my job.
2. Seem pretty intelligent.
3. Decent looking supposedly.
4. Fun and social.
Very flattering.. but the basic criteria that I am looking for is:
1. Have a real job (not freelance or deciding to go on a journey to figure out their life passion).
2. At least 30 years or older (it is rare boys can commit although there are exceptions).
3. Find them more intelligent than me.
4. Live in the same city as me.
Sadly.. these four criteria never co-exist. Oh.. and trying to get me drunk (when I politely decline your shots), rubbing my leg and hands (even when I move away), and asking to come to my place (I don't think I invited you and suggested we met out) is probably the wrong way...
There must be men in L.A. that meet those four criteria...but maybe they're nerdy or not your type. Dating in major cities is hard...sometimes having too many options is a bad thing...
ReplyDeleteHey, when did you make your comments public? Where are the other commenters? I know you must have lots of readers!
ReplyDelete