It's the new year.. at least on the Chinese lunar calendar. Yes.. the official date is February 19, 2015 but the year of the sheep started on February 5, 2015. I wish I could explain it.. but I don't quite understand the explanation myself when my parents tell me. These are the times you want a Wikipedia page to explain it.
Anyways.. a series of interesting things happened this time on work travel. On the early morning of my travel, American Airlines cancelled one of the legs of my flights and rescheduled me on a red eye to fly into the big city and then made me sit over 24 hours at this city until the next leg. Can I mention my flight back was less than 12 hours after this new arrival. I ended up flying earlier that day and driving down after waiting 1.5 hours for National car rental to dig their cars out of the snow. I appreciate snow.. until when I was flying back.. they cancelled my first leg again because of snow. So then I drove back up to arrive on the plane five minutes before the departure time.
To make things more exciting (or terrible.. depend on how you think of it).. there was no real food to buy on this plane (apparently the menu changes after 8 pm). When I returned home at nearly midnight, I went to bed since I was supposed to meet my director for an early morning meeting (that he requested on Monday night).. my effing fire alarm went off at 5:30 am. It would be no big deal except it was the alarm in my bedroom and according to law here, the fire alarms are required to be a certain distance from the ceilings. Well.. let's just say.. this alarm was out of my reach. So after an hour of the alarm beeping every 30 seconds.. I gave up and went to work. Oh and during the morning I was thinking.. who could I possibly call to help me fix this.. if I described my problem that I couldn't reset an alarm because I was too short, I think anybody would laugh at me. Good thing I have good friends to come to my aid. You can always tell at times of need.. the real ones from the ones who just like to go have fun with you. That's the most important lesson of all. Happy Chinese New Year!
Sam Smith concert in case you wanted a reason to smile.. happy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't worry... be happy!