It was one of those Mondays where I woke up feeling like I was being left behind. I had this feeling when I was in my graduate school for years and my friends were making money, getting married, and buying property.. I was still in school getting another degree. It was worth it at the end... A few months ago I had thought about leaving my field and going into the start up/entrepreneurship arena... well the technology engineering portion of it. For various reasons, I have committed for another 1.5 to 2 years in this space while everybody I know is joining this particular startup... sigh, I feel behind again.
In the personal life... I feel more lost than ever. What do you feel about dating somebody who is more than 7 years younger than you? I know.. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Well, there is a young lad that I met a few months ago and about a month ago, I had a talk with him over Facebook (I know.. but I am actually terrible at this in person) and I thought we had decided the path forward was to be friends. These were his words.. he didn't want to lose a friendship with his few friends in this city. I thought we buried the issue. Well, this last weekend it came up again. Apparently that conversation was what he thought I wanted to hear and he wanted to make it easy on me. He told me he was attracted to me and thought we got along well.. oh but get this.. he adds on that he doesn't think this will work out long term. Then he adds on at the end.. so what do you want? First.. nobody knows what will work out at the end.. not that I am saying this will work because of the vast difference in where we are in life.. but why are you even asking me what I want? What is wrong with people?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't worry... be happy!