Good way to decompress and take my first vacation of the year. My program manager saw me the other day and said.. I thought you went to Mexico last week but then I realized that you seemed still really uptight. Haha.. Yes, I am very intense. I still was doing work emails until Friday afternoon even though I was on vacation in a foreign country. I guess I just want to be good at what I do. Don't we all?
Along those same lines... I had a thought the other day.. We all want to be good at our jobs and will make choices in order to optimize our careers but do we really do the same with our significant others? I am not from the belief there is only one person for each of us but instead many people.. It's a timing thing and a numbers game. So perhaps we let the ones we think we love pass us by... It's not the right timing or we are not sure or something else.. And ultimately because we believe it'll come around again. Opportunities in jobs are not ones we can let pass us by but certainly the ones we let into our hearts are people we can let go because we trust fate. When did we become so practical?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't worry... be happy!