Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Today will be a post of negative thoughts... maybe it's because I am yet on another plane for a work trip... but nah, I love traveling and I am so content with my bonus this year.

1. For me.. it's still hard to look back at old relationships and only think positive thoughts.  I know.. I am not a very nice person.  I try... but then I fail.

I found out somebody that I used to know.. who did mean a great deal to me until at the end where he proved to be a douche bag like so many before..  just had karma served up.  On one side I am surprised and feel bad but at the same time, he was an arrogant scum.  I don't say it often about people... but he was one.  He got fired from his job.  When I first I heard of this, I was surprised.. he is so good at what he does.  But then I remembered the people who were advising him (including his more douche-y friend and of course his partner who I never met but sounded like a raging lunatic that he deserves completely) and I guess I wish I could congratulate him but I can't muster the energy to even figure out how to contact him because I want to believe that the world is big enough that I will never see him again.  Well best wishes that he and his partner grow stronger with this whole situation.. maybe more God-awful advice can be shared and taken.  Regardless... please do stay together and stay off any good person's radar.  Terrible people should stay together.

I know.. I am cold.  I can't forgive people who are awful unless they are really sorry (and if they are awful, they often aren't).
2.  In some ways.. I am really glad I am not married. 

Don't get me wrong.. I want to be married some day to the right person.  I was engaged to the wrong person a long time ago.  But honestly, I am not jealous of the trials and tribulations or marriage.  (Btw, one of my friends from a previous post got back together with her husband... <eye roll... but sure, it's not my life>).  My friend is stuck between a rock and a hard place in his marriage.  He and his wife has become such roommates and friends in every possible way and now she's not even willing to move or visit where he is now living with his new job.  And unlike me who can just break up and just intensely participate in liquid therapy, marriage requires you to go through all this emotional and financial turmoil.  I really do feel for the people who have to face that.. or even the ones who are just too lazy or financially have to stay with who they are.

I know it's easy for me to say.. but life is short.. And I'd rather not waste my years wondering... or being fake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry... be happy!