Thursday, December 18, 2014

The holidays have a way of making everybody sentimental.  Yesterday during a work meeting... my ex fiancé gave me a call.  So from what I recall, I don't think we have really communicated since we split.  There are two communications I can recall:

1.  We exchanged some words when he picked up his car when I still lived on the east coast. 
2.  I sent him an email this last year letting him know the program he worked so hard on was awarded to the company... but I didn't even read his reply. 

Well, he called me again at 1 am last night and because I was feeling sentimental and despite my better judgment since I have a customer review all day today, I decided to talk to him.. for over two hours.  I know that sounds bizarre.. but we were just like two friends who caught up.  I don't have any negative feelings toward him since it's been so long.  He said we talked in 2012 and I didn't even remember this... I guess it wasn't that memorable.  Surprisingly, he seemed to be well informed on how I was doing.. and at the end we talked about what our lives would have been now if we had stayed together.  Surprisingly, we both remember the details of our intertwined lives at that time... promises we made, plans we had, etc..  Although I believe it was absolutely the right outcome for us, I'd like to believe that in a parallel life we stayed together and imagine how my life would not resemble anything like it is now.  Maybe I would have been happy... 

In another life I would be your girl
We keep all our promises, be us against the world
And in another life, I would make you stay
So I don't have to say you were the one that got away
The one that got away


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry... be happy!