Tuesday, January 6, 2015

UPDATE:  Another piece of bad news.. just heard one of my friends found a lump and had it removed.  He may have cancer.   And guess when he found out.. Christmas Day.  Glad all that bad crap was in last year and didn't taint this one.  Well.. I guess if he has cancer, then it will.  Sigh.. trying to remember that happiness is a choice.

Everytime you're feeling like a plastic bag drifting through the wind.. reality just brings you back.  Last year, there was an individual at work who believed in  me and championed me here while I was deciding what to do next in my career.  In fact, he is the start to lead me to my current job.. even though I am not working for him.  Anyways, I just found out that on New Year's Eve, he was caught in the midst of our crappy weather and had his leg crushed between his boat and another.  He almost died but luckily a helicopter airlifted him to the nearest hospital.  They almost amputated his leg as it didn't have a pulse when he arrived to the hospital but they are looking to hopefully save it.  Wow.. that really sucks.  But the best part is that he is in good spirits and listen to this.. he's still calling into work.  He is really the champ.  Gratitude is so important... who knows what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry... be happy!